Luxury in Greece NO ONLINE PROPERTIES: Unparallelled in beauty and ancient history
Superb ecotourism to experience the interesting and varying natural environment: 80% of country is mountainous and it has 16000km of coastline.
• Ideal for sea tourism activities with 6000 beautiful islands, mild climate and lots of sunshine.
• Unique historical tourism with hundreds of archaeological sites and museums scattered through the country.
• Excellent sports tourism: since the ancient Olympic Games, the country has frequently organized many large sports/athletic extravangas with the crowning event being the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens. Many hotels offer their guests special facilities for sports activities.
• Authentic food tourism, where the distinctive “kitchen taste” (gustation) in the tavernas seems to be a way of communicating, to “talk” to the heart of someone else.
• Leisure time tourism: traditional markets and famous fashion shops; wellness centres and spas; cinemas and theatres, dating back to the beginning of modern civilization and the vibrant nightlife, cater for every trend and taste.
At the meeting point of three continents, Europe, Asia and Africa, lies the peninsula of Greece, washed by the Ionian Sea, the Aegean Sea and the Mediterranean Sea. Greece has a rich and diversified natural environment. It is one of the most mountainous countries in Europe and its endless kilometres of coastline, of which half is found around the thousands of islands of the Greek archipelago, the mild climate and glorious sunny days, make Greece a truly unique tourist paradise. In Greece visitors can trace the “fingerprints” of ancient history in the multitude of archaeological sites and museums. Greece, birthplace of the Olympic Games, with its superb facilities, is ideal for sports tourism. One of the authentic cultural elements of this region is its distinctive gastronomy, based on the pure and unique quality goods locally produced. Traditional market areas but also famous fashion labels are offered for shopping; wellness and spa centres for luxury time; “tavernas” by the sea or in the mountain; cinemas and theatres, will satisfy all desires. Greece is famous for its especially intense and multifaceted nightlife – here the fun lasts until the early hours of the morning!