After a scenic drive up the Sea to Sky highway from Vancouver, you arrive at Whistler village, conveniently located at the base of Whistler and Blackcomb mountains. It is large enough to have all the comforts expected of a world-class resort, yet it is small enough for you to experience its authentic mountain culture and small town hospitality.
What is so special about the village?
There is a special energy or vibe that only people in a beautiful place having a wonderful time can create, and you can feel it every time you walk the Stroll. Whistler has a special winter vibe; most people wander around in full snow gear, carrying skis or snowboards; everyone wears a smile!
Whistler après ski and nightlife
Whistler après ski and nightlife offer the perfect counterpart to the on-mountain action. With its alpine atmosphere, Whistler Village invites you to saunter through the shops, browse the galleries, and discover restaurants that range from informal to fashionable. Fireside lounges, piano bars, and friendly pubs abuzz with live music create ideal meeting places to recount the day’s adventures.
Whistler’s extensive assortment of award-winning restaurants and chefs offer mouth-watering dishes from different regions, with many of them using organic and locally sourced ingredients. Many restaurants serve tapas late into the night, sake flows at the many local sushi houses, and there are comfortable couches and fireplaces to cosy up to at local lounges.
- The GLC is a great choice for groups that are looking for a sophisticated restaurant.
- Dusty’s Bar and Grill is snuggled into the base of Whistler Creekside and home to Whistler’s sunniest patio.
- One of the most celebrated party venues in Whistler awaits you at Merlins, where views of Blackcomb Mountain can be enjoyed both inside and out.
- Araxi’s modern regional cuisine is crafted from the finest and freshest local ingredients. The global wine list and the artful décor render create a fine atmosphere in the heart of the village.
- Bearfoot Bistro is a French bistro-style champagne bar is Whistler’s most sophisticated eatery. It serves Dom Pérignon by the glass and features live jazz music on most weekends.
The resort’s night-life is legendary. With plenty of live music, you will be up dancing even after a full day out on the slopes. Famous DJ’s at the clubs provide entertainment for every taste. Bar Hop is about bringing people together, celebrating good times and creating the best party experience in Whistler.
Every Sunday night during winter you can see a striking display of ski and snowboard skill at the legendary Fire & Ice Show in Skiers Plaza. Whistler’s best skiers and riders jump and flip through a blazing ring of fire accompanied by a DJ and fireworks display.
Visit Whistler Olympic Plaza on select evenings through winter for Family Après, an event featuring free kid-friendly activities and amusement. Enclosed by the sparkling winter holiday lights and close to the outdoor ice skating rink, Family Après is all about experiencing winter outdoor fun with your kids, the Canadian way. Dig deeper into local culture at the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre, an award-winning aboriginal museum, at the Whistler Winter Arts Festival, or at signature celebrations of wine, film, the arts, and live music.
There is something for every budget and taste with Whistler accommodations, such as private luxury chalet with their own spas and heated pools.
You can subscribe to receive our blogs upon their release by clicking on: Travel Luxury Blog