The Top 10 Restaurants in Verbier
A guide to the best restaurants & bars in Verbier.
Whether you are looking for local specialities, fine dining or something simple, Verbier has a diverse array of restaurants to choose from. The resort is also well-known for its lively après-ski too, with a variety of bars and nightclubs offering live music after hours.
The Top 10 Restaurants in Verbier
With many years of in-resort experience in Verbier, we have had time to dine at the very best restaurants. Below are our top 10 Restaurants in Verbier...
- Chez Dany
- Le Dahu
- Table d'Adrien
- The Experimental
- Cabane Mont Fort
- Au Vieux Verbier
- Fer a Cheval
What we love about them...
- Chez Dany - Welcoming you for lunch and dinner in both winter and summer, Chez Dany offers fantastic views and a combination of traditional Swiss and contemporary dishes. Nestled in the hamlet of Clambin, the restaurant can be reached on foot via a track through the forest, on skis via the piste down from Ruinettes, and in the evenings by skidoo from Carrefour, followed by the option of sledging back down.
- Le Carrefour - Situated high above Verbier at the top of Le Rouge piste, Le Carrefour is a great place for skiers and non-skiers to meet for lunch. Enjoy panoramic views from the terrace whilst dining on Swiss specialities such as rösti, meat cooked on a hot stone and their speciality L’Avalanche featuring a trio of cheeses.
- Le Dahu - For incredible mountain views, Le Dahu is a must. Situated at the foot of the Le Chaux Express, Le Dahu delivers on all fronts with its huge panoramic terrace and delicious Swiss fare, wood-fired pizzas, tapas and pasta dishes. Below the main restaurant is a self-service restaurant serving typical fast food.
- Le Shed - If you love a burger, you won’t be disappointed at Le Shed. A range of fillings are available alongside delicious side dishes and some tasty cocktails. It is not possible to book a table here but you can enjoy a drink while you wait.
- La Table d'Adrien - The only restaurant in Verbier with a Michelin-star to its name, La Table d’Adrien serves imaginative Italian cuisine within an elegant hotel. Originally from Puglia, head chef Sebastiano Lombardi treats his diners to dishes with lashings of cheese and truffle accompanied by carefully chosen wines.
- The Experimental - One of Verbier’s newer restaurants, The Experimental offers a modern take on mountain cuisine and is overseen by Greg Marchand who is behind the excellent French restaurant in Covent Garden.
- Cabane Mont Fort - Perched on the edge of the piste below Mont Fort, this iconic mountain restaurant provides captivating views of Le Chaux and Mont Fort. Serving traditional mountain dishes including fondue and rösti, there is no waiter service but it does offer the best tartiflette on the mountain.
- Le Caveau - Located in Place Centrale, Le Caveau is a typical Swiss restaurant serving Bagnard cuisine. Popular for its raclette and range of fondues, other dishes include rack of lamb, escalope and even snails.
- Au Vieux Verbier - Located next to the Medran lift station, this cosy traditional restaurant served traditional Swiss cuisine. Try the speciality, La Potence, where you can cook a selection of meats on a hot “potence”, served with a selection of sauces, salad and frites. With a large terrace, this is a great spot to meet your children after a morning at ski school.
- Fer à Cheval
Located on the main road to Médran, this lively après-ski bar and pizzeria attracts locals and holiday makers alike. With music and an upbeat atmosphere, the upper level is the place to be for a post-ski tipple or two.
Our top chalets & apartments in Verbier centre
If you want to make the most of the diverse range of exceptional restaurants in Verbier, why not pick a luxury chalet in Verbier close to the centre. Below are a few of our top chalets.
Chalet Rock - Chalet Rock is a superb contemporary chalet with uninterrupted mountain views and four floors of spacious living.
Penthouse Haute Vue - Located just off Place Centrale, Haute Vue Penthouse is a newly renovated apartment with open-plan living and a south-facing balcony.
No 5. Penthouse - With an ideal location on the Rue de Medran, No. 5 Penthouse is a convenient and beautifully furnished apartment in central Verbier with an outdoor hot tub
More Fantastic Restaurants & Bars in Verbier
Mountain Restaurants in Verbier
La Marlenaz - With an enchanting location in the forest above Verbier, La Marlenaz is a traditional restaurant with outstanding views. You can reach the restaurant off-piste from Savoleyres, on foot from Sonalon or take a snow taxi in the evening and return via sledge. Stunning views of the Val du Bagnes and the Mont Blanc Massif can be enjoyed from three terraces. The menu includes both regional and international dishes.
Nestled at the foot of Le Rouge piste, the restaurant can be reached by sledge, car, bus, foot and skis. With a large sun-soaked terrace, this is a great option for long lunches when the weather is fine. The menu includes hearty dishes such as ribs and burgers, signature salads and fondue. The restaurant has a celebrated wine cellar and from 3pm is popular for après-ski drinks and dancing. Every Friday and Saturday, Le Rouge hosts a ‘Funky Fondue’ dinner, combining cheese fondues, wine and music.
Restaurants in Verbier Centre
Located on the main road between the Brunet bus stop ad Savoleyres, Al Capone serves delicious wood-fired pizzas as well as a range of Swiss and Italian dishes. Particularly popular with families, the restaurant is open for both lunch and dinner. For a delicious takeaway pizza, A-Team Pizza delivers straight to your door.
Just off Place Centrale, this traditional restaurant offers Swiss cuisine in a cosy atmosphere. There is also a fine selection of regional wine to enjoy with your meal.
Restaurants for Fine Dining in Verbier
This stylish open plan restaurant is ideal for a special occasion. Serving a mix of hearty and contemporary cuisine, the menu is based around local produce whilst the decor pays homage to its mountain environment. For a unique experience, it is possible to reserve the Chef’s Table where you can watch the chefs at work preparing your dishes.
This family-run restaurant served French/Swiss cuisine with a seasonal twist. There is a traditional menu which includes typical Valais dishes and a more gastronomic menu with duck foie gras terrine, pigeon and red tuna. The menu is accompanied by an impressive local and international wine list.
Serving Swiss cuisine with a modern twist, W Kitchen provides a locally inspired menu with fresh, seasonal offerings from Swiss lakes, farms and meadows. Dishes include Foie Gras Toblerone, Homemade Tortellini and Crispy Veal Sweetbreads.
Looking for a once in a lifetime dining experience in Verbier?
Best Après-Ski in Verbier
Situated on the Mayentzet piste between Les Ruinettes and Verbier, Bar 1936 boasts two yurts and plenty of deck chairs where you can relax in the sun. There is often a house band playing and various snacks on offer including barbecues on sunny days and special Mongolian fondue evenings on request.
Pub Mont Fort
Another of Verbier’s world-famous establishments, this is one of the main seasonnaire bars in Verbier, located close to the Médran ski lift. Expect pumping music, Jaëger bombs and wild fancy dress parties. Early après ski drinks on the Pub terrace while enjoying nachos or other snacks in the sun make it a popular destination for all.
Located up the mountain at Les Ruinettes, Ice Cube is the perfect place for a mid-afternoon pit stop on the sunny terrace. Take advantage of the beer and wine happy hour every day from 3pm to 4pm or if you’re feeling a little peckish, Ice Cube serves reasonably priced burgers and sandwiches.
Overlooking Place Centrale, Le Farinet is the place to be for raucous apres-ski. Open from 4pm to 9pm every day, dance the afternoon away to the sound of live bands every night of the season. With a sliding roof, beer on tap and dancing on the bar, this is apres-ski not to be missed. The adjacent lounge bar offers a more sophisticated experience with squishy sofas, fantastic cocktails and waitress service.
Le Mouton Noir
Verbier’s answer to the Folie Douce, Le Mouton Noir (The Black Sheep) offers avant-garde cabaret, music and live entertainment every afternoon. Its large panoramic terrace is ideal for après ski drinks in the sun.
Best Nightlife in Verbier
For an exuberant night out, Etoile Rouge is a must. The largest nightclub in Verbier, Etoile Rouge partners with Dom Perignon and has an impressive line-up of resident DJs alongside one-off appearances from international stars such as Pete Tong
Famous for its outrageously high prices, Farm Club is a Verbier institution. First opening in 1971, the club is now part of the Experimental Chalet group. A place to “see and be seen” the Farm attracts Verbier’s most glamorous visitors.
Experience the best bars & restaurants by booking your stay in Verbier.