Luxury Family Friendly Ski Chalets
Discover our luxury family chalet & apartment rentals
Rent a luxury ski chalet for the whole family in the Alps
Finding a ski chalet that will suit the whole family can be challenging. With a different set of factors to take into account it can be hard to meet the needs of both children and adults. Whether you’re looking for a property near the nursery slopes, excellent ski schools, in-house childcare or exceptional entertainment facilities, we can help you find the perfect luxury family chalet escape to suit.
Our luxury family ski chalets give you the opportunity to truly relax and spend quality time with your family, whether it’s relaxing in a beautifully designed living room beside a blazing fire, watching a movie in a high-tech cinema room or enjoying family meals together cooked by your very own private chef.
At our luxury family friendly chalets you can unwind in a bubbling hot tub, work out in a fully-equipped gym or book a rejuvenating massage with one of the in-house therapists, safe in the knowledge your children are entertaining themselves in the games room or being taken care of by a dedicated nanny.
A number of our chalets are equipped with fantastic bunk bedrooms, ensuring there’ll be no arguments when it comes to bedtime. Several also have playrooms giving the younger members of the group their own space whilst the adults enjoy time to themselves.
What makes a great family chalet?
When travelling with children it is important to get the basics right so that everyone can get the most out of their ski holiday. Safety is probably the most important factor when choosing a luxury child-friendly chalet, followed closely by making sure the chalet has a range of childcare equipment such as stair gates, high chairs, cots, monitors and sterilisers. If you are booking a luxury family-friendly ski holiday with full service, then make sure an early children’s dinner with a tailored menu is offered. Our catered luxury family chalets come with chefs who can cater to any dietary requirements and are happy to work with you to ensure your children enjoy their meals at the chalet. Other things to consider when choosing a family-friendly chalet in the Alps is proximity to ski school and childcare options, spacious living areas and chalet facilities to keep the kids entertained such as cinema rooms or games rooms.
Best Ski Resorts For Families
With so many options, it can be overwhelming when choosing a resort for a luxury family-friendly ski holiday. One of the most popular ski resorts for families has to be Meribel. With top ski schools and dedicated snow play areas, Meribel is a fantastic destination for a child’s first experience in the mountains. However, with links to other resorts in the Three Valleys, Meribel is also perfect for groups of varying abilities. Another good option in the French Alps is the charming resort of Les Gets. Located in the vast Portes du Soleil ski area, Les Gets has excellent ski schools, fantastic village-based nursery slopes and many activities to explore off the slopes too. The resort is also home to some fantastic luxury family chalets too.
In Switzerland, Saas Fee tops the list for child-friendly ski holidays. Teens can enjoy hundreds of kilometres of slopes, whilst the younger ones have dozens of indoor and outdoor activities to choose from. Crans Montana is another Swiss resort to consider. It has excellent childcare facilities and a packed calendar of family-friendly events including the annual Bella Lui winter festival.
If you are heading to Austria for a family ski holiday, Kitzbuhel is a good option. Easily accessible from Innsbruck or Salzburg, the resort has a fantastic beginners area as well as more challenging skiing for the more adventurous skier.
Over in Italy, Madonna di Campiglio has become increasingly popular with families. Full of charm, the resort offers varied slopes for all abilities and an abundance of activities for the whole family to experience including dog sledding, ice climbing and paragliding.
Top Tips for a Luxury Family-Friendly Ski Holiday
- Pick a resort with dedicated nursery slopes and beginner-friendly runs
- Consider a resort with a short transfer time from the airport
- Make sure you have packed enough clothes - there’s nothing worse than a cold miserable child on the slopes so make sure they are wearing plenty of layers and have good-fitting equipment.
- Pick a luxury family chalet that is close to the slopes or a bus stop to minimise the long walk in ski boots each morning.
- Book ski schools and childcare well in advance, particularly if you are going away at a peak time such as Christmas, New Year or Half Term.
- Choose a family friendly chalet in the Alps which offers catering so you don’t have to worry about cooking and have time to relax too.
- Pre-book as much as you can before you go - transfers, lift passes, ski hire and restaurant bookings are best done in advance so you can arrive unflustered and hassle free.
- Check out what other activities there are to do in resort. From ice skating to swimming or a husky ride through the snowy wilderness, there are plenty of fun things to do away from the slopes.
0 Search Results
Finding your dream chalet